Monday, June 18, 2012

Visiting Atlantic Restaurant, Toronto, Again.


The Exotic Flavours of Atlantic Restaurant


I visited Atlantic restaurant a while back (I am behind in some of my blogs), but this restaurant is so worthy of my repeat visits, I feel that I should share my good time experiences. The chef's sensibilities often produce a "wow" with my guests and I. For those of you who have not visited, you may wish to review my original write up (March 9th) as well, that was my first visit that produced a major "WOW"! Please keep in mind when you read my Atlantic reviews, that the menu changes almost daily as the chef cooks by inspiration.

Cabbage and beet salad with apricot kernels all dressed with beet syrup, ume-su (Japanese plum vinegar) and flax oil.

Crab and squash bisque, baharat spices (a mixture of  black pepper, coriander, cardamom, cumin, nutmeg, allspice and cloves) and rosewater foam. What an intriguing combination of flavours and such a delicious soup.

Baked oyster Rockefeller. A classic done better than the classic.

Orwell cove mussels and B.C. clams seasoned with advieh (a mix of spices such as cardamom, pepper, cinnamon, saffron, tumeric, coriander) another intriguing unexpected match of spices creating an addictive group of flavours.

Tartiflette gratinee of fingerling potatoes and gruyere.

Wild mushrooms, wild leeks and sunchoke ragout with smoked sunchokes Ravioli and poached quail egg. This was a hearty group of earthy flavours (no photo).

Pumpkin pie, the right finish for this meal (no photo).

No comments:

Post a Comment